Subject: Re: [Leica] Tmax bashing
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 17:24:11 -0500

Based on these images, I don't want to hear anybody disparage
Tmax-100.  THESE ARE GREAT!

Jim, Some questions:

What were you doing in the Phillipines?

Did you worry about carrying about the most expensive 1-body, 3-lens outfit
you could buy in such a place?

Were these candids? or did you ask to take the pictures?

Skip

At 1/3/00 01:34 PM  -0800, you wrote:
>Hello Leica friends,
>I've really enjoyed the film/developer discussion we've had on the LUG the
>past few days.  However, it leaves the impression that Tmax film and
>developer are generally poor products, and that's just not the case.
>
>Rather than argue about it in email, I'd like to show some pictures.  Check
>out the following shots, taken in November on my recent trip to Cebu in the
>Philippine Islands:
>
>http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=get_album&ID_Commu
>nity=Leicausers&ID_Topic=21
>
>The first 5 images were shot on Tmax 100, processed using Tmax developer,
>fixed with Tfix at 75 degrees.  The resulting negatives were scanned with a
>Nikon LS-1000 film scanner using default settings.
>
>Just for comparison, the last shot "Brother and Sister" was shot on Negrapan
>100 (a Spanish film), then processed with home-mixed D23.
>
>Please let me know what you think.
>
>Cheers,
>--Jim Laurel

Skip Williams