Subject: [Leica] Tmax bashing
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:34:27 -0800

Hello Leica friends,
I've really enjoyed the film/developer discussion we've had on the LUG the
past few days.  However, it leaves the impression that Tmax film and
developer are generally poor products, and that's just not the case.

Rather than argue about it in email, I'd like to show some pictures.  Check
out the following shots, taken in November on my recent trip to Cebu in the
Philippine Islands:

http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=get_album&ID_Commu
nity=Leicausers&ID_Topic=21

The first 5 images were shot on Tmax 100, processed using Tmax developer,
fixed with Tfix at 75 degrees.  The resulting negatives were scanned with a
Nikon LS-1000 film scanner using default settings.

Just for comparison, the last shot "Brother and Sister" was shot on Negrapan
100 (a Spanish film), then processed with home-mixed D23.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
- --Jim Laurel