Subject: RE: [Leica] A Leica lens question (135mm 2.8 -M)
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:28:46 -0500

Hey Bob!

	The following is just my opinion and I know that others will
disagree.  The f2.8/135 was a pooch.  I found the goggles significantly
dimmed my viewfinder and I still couldn't focus it with confidence at f2.8.
Personally, I found the results a tad soft and the contrast relatively low
for a Leica lens.  Finally, it is...relatively speaking...a big, heavy lens.
After using it for a while, I switched to the f4...now there's a 135 I've
grown to love.  Yes, its a tad heavy (especially compared to a skinny
f2.8/90), but I own the last version in E39 with the clip-on shade.  It is
sharp, contrasty, easy to handle and focus, and f4 has never been a problem
since I rarely use a 135 in-doors.  I have never tried the f3.4, but I hear
its even better than the f4, but the f/4 is plenty good for me.  By the way,
I see a great many f2.8s on the market, my local dealer has five or six and
they're cheap.

	Buzz Hausner