Subject: [Leica] Back to D76
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 23:23:15 +0000

I think, after having read over all of this Tri-X correspondence, that
I need to dump my bottles of T-max down the drain and buy D-76 and just
live with the greater effort of keeping current stock D-76 mixed. If I
can get the Christmas dishes and rolls of gift wrap moved out of my
darkroom to wherever else they belong, I'm going to load up with Tri-X
and try again, but develop in D-76 1:1, as I did for 25 years, rather
than this newfangled T-max stuff.

Brian Reid<<<

Brian,
Just get yourself a good electronic scale and some bulk chemicals. It's
really quite practical and not too difficult to mix up D-76 one quart at
a time.

T-Max Developer is a high activity hydroquinone-based developer designed
for push-processing. I wouldn't recommend it with Tri-X, although it has
its uses. (It's also an exceptionally poor developer for T-Max 100,
oddly enough.)

- --Mike