Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar M-adapter Question
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 02:12:22 +0800

Claes-Göran Bjernér wrote:

>   Chris Lawson wrote:
>
> > Using an M-series adapter to mount a Voigtlander 15mm on my M6 TTL, I notice
> > the assembly doesn't click into place as do the Leica lenses. Is common? It's
> > a Japanese-made adapter and I know I can return it, but I'm wondering if
> > there's a simple modification a hamfisted simpleton with Dremel MotoTool and
> > a file could to to make it right?
> >
> I had the same problem with the Japanese adapter I bought with my new
> Heliar. It locked itself in a slightly tilted position. That never effected
> the performane of the lens, but it didn´t look nice cosmeticly since the
> Heliar lens shade is sort of rectangular. I will probably use the Japanese
> adapter with my future Skopar since it has a round lens shade. For my Heliar
> I bought an original but used Leica M-adapter. And that one aligns the
> Heliar perfectly with all my Leica M bodies.
>
> Claes

Cosina/Voigtlander now offer their own LTM adaptors and they work
perfectly with the new Voigtlander lenses.  Two versions are offered:
35/135mm and 50/75mm.  Each is suppled with a hard plastic M rear cap,
as well as a LTM body cap.  IMHO, they are significantly better than the
other generic Japanese LTM adaptors.

The list price for the Voigtlander adaptors are 5,000 Yen each in Japan,
and you can look them up at:

http://www.cosina.co.jp

Hope this helps.

Regards,