Subject: Re: [Leica] Minilux discontinued?
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:05:15 +0800

Claire/TMLee,

The Minilux has been discontinued because of lack of sales following the
introduction of the Minilux Zoom.

Despite the superior quality of the Summarit 40/2.4 lens of the Minilux,
most buyers opt for the more expensive Minilux Zoom despite its much
slower lens of 35-70/3.5-6.7.  For most consumers, the extra US$100 of
the Zoom model is well worth it.  Most buyers of P & S cameras expect to
get a zoom lens rather than a prime lens.

My export records show the Minilux Zoom outsells the non-zoom Minilux by
over 10:1.  I wonder if the situation is the same in the US?

Regards,

Joseph