Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar M-adapter Question
From: "Claes-Göran Bjernér" <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:52:10 +0100

  Chris Lawson wrote:

> Using an M-series adapter to mount a Voigtlander 15mm on my M6 TTL, I notice
> the assembly doesn't click into place as do the Leica lenses. Is common? It's
> a Japanese-made adapter and I know I can return it, but I'm wondering if
> there's a simple modification a hamfisted simpleton with Dremel MotoTool and
> a file could to to make it right?

I had the same problem with the Japanese adapter I bought with my new
Heliar. It locked itself in a slightly tilted position. That never effected
the performane of the lens, but it didn´t look nice cosmeticly since the
Heliar lens shade is sort of rectangular. I will probably use the Japanese
adapter with my future Skopar since it has a round lens shade. For my Heliar
I bought an original but used Leica M-adapter. And that one aligns the
Heliar perfectly with all my Leica M bodies.

Claes