Subject: Re: [Leica] All hail Tri-X (or is it still top dog?)
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:24:03 -03-30

At 01:23 PM 31/12/99 +0000, you wrote:

>It's like a search for the holy grail to find a shop with a selection of
>Fuji B&W films.

         Yes, I suspect that outside major centers, it would be hard to
find. The only reason I can get it in St. John's is that we are blessed
with 1 (yes, only 1) film lab that caters to the pro market and he brings
it in for us half dozen users.

         This stuff, 100, 400 and 1600, even processes well in T-Max
developer!!

>I recently purchased a roll of APX25, and am looking forward to the
>results.  I have never been satisfied with Tech Pan as a working film.  It
>is just to finicky to develope.

         You'll be very happy with it. If you can lay your hands on a
bottle of Agfa Rodinal, all the better.

I'm a firm believer in  "better quality, less work" objectives.

....off to find a spot to do the fireworks over the harbour.  Everything is
snow covered so LOTS of light, very few dark areas. Film of choice?......
FUJICHROME 100!!

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart