Subject: Re: [Leica] All hail Tri-X (or is it still top dog?)
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:42:34 -03-30

At 04:28 PM 31/12/99 +0000, you wrote:

>I would vote for the developer. I have my doubts that Tri-X has been
>improved upon and that the virtues of Tri-X are often overrated. I have
>used both Tri-X and HP5+ and the latter is miles ahead. This impression is
>confirmed in an article in LFI 8/99 by Roger Hicks.

         Once all you Tri-X worshippers wake up from your 10 year nap and
try a "modern"  :^) B&W film, you'll kick yourself for your lost
opportunities.

         I find it hard to belive that anyone who uses Fuji Neopan or Agfa
B&W would ever consider using Tri-X or even Ilford again.

         Unlike Leicas, there is no benefit from using "old" technology film.

What's next cyanotypes?

merrily, cheerily,

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart