Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X & HP5 Plus
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 08:47:16 -0500

Rod Fleming wrote with regard to HP5+,

> Lovely stuff, and I prefer it to Tri-X. I'm NOT saying it's better, I just
> prefer its tonal gradation.(snipped

I standardized on HP5+ in all formats myself, several years ago for the same
reasons.If I suddenly could get nothing but Tri-X, I could get along with it,
but HP5+ has the just look I prefer.

> So my advice is, try a few rolls of HP5 Plus, develop it in ID-11 or D76,
> 1/1 stock/water, 20deg.C., 13 mins- ish depending on how you like it cooked.

  I use the ID-11 1:1 and am very pleased with the results.  HP5+ seems to be a
great match with Leica glass.

Mike Gardner

Photos on the Web at http://users.neca.com/mikeg