Subject: [Leica] wedding photos? blech, i feel like a retired dentist!
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@elvis.rowan.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:41:50 -0500 (EST)

I do consider wedding photos to be terribly dull and actually showing
people your wedding photos, well, it's a crime against culture, but
Johannes's recent post about weddings and photography ... well,
whatever, here are some shots i grabbed at a friends wedding. forgive me
for being pedestrian.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/scrapbook/1999/richandmaureen/

people constantly ask me to shoot their weddings and i always say "no,
it's not my thing, i shoot UFO hoaxes and  models wearing humorous
get-up's and garter belts with holga's: that's my thing and i do it okay.
you want a wedding, hire a pro, they do it all the time and they know what
they're doing. you get a yellow rubber prom dress and a japaneese sword
and a pink corvette stingray and a life size barbie doll and a boyfriend
who looks just like fidel castro in 1965 and you want some photos, you
call me, we'll talk ... that's my thing."

... but since i always carry a camera with me, i always end up taking
_some_ photographs at the weddings i attend -- usually they're drunken
bridesmades barfing in hotel parking lots, (i tend to gravitate towards
that kind of action) but on a good day one or two of my shots look like
something that b.d. colen might have taken on a bad day so i'm happy with
them. a couple of these turned out okay, but on the whole, it looks like
something a retired dentist would have shot, so don't expect too much, i'm
out of book on this one.

they're all w/ a leica m6 and a jupiter 35 2.8 on ilford hp5 at 400 asa,
developed in hc-110 dilution b and scanned on a nikon coolscan 1000.

leically yours,

kc