Subject: [Leica] in defense of spinning the ring....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 18:50:41 -0500 (EST)

my m6 isn't fortunate enought to be a TTL model and on several occasions
i've "spun the ring" while taking flash photos to make sure i have one
with the proper exposure. i learned this after I #$%#%$ed up some Very
Important Shots by miscalculating and got a very dim (and grim) result.
So, afterwards, when dealing with a subject that I can't drag back for a
reshoot, I'll shoot at what I suspect the proper exposure is, but i'll
also toggle through all the other f-stops. i don't know about the rest of
you, but i'm only paying $1.38 for a roll of 36 exposure hp5 which i can
easily afford to blow to make sure i have something useable.

of course you might say "well, why don't you just get yourself a nikon
f100 with all that nifty dandy TTL flash metering." you might say that,
rabbit, you might....

so spin away when necessary.

now back to your regularly scheduled debate on the quality of champaign
vs. black paint m6 picture taking capabilities.

kc