Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAD?
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:40:59 -0800 (PST)

> The strength of the 35mm format is not it it's one frame. It's in is's ability
> to cover something ...from all angles, it's roll film... You play by the
> percentages and grab the magic moment hidden among all the non magic moments. I
> think most 35mm film shot now involve winders or motors. You fire off a burst.
> Mark Rabiner

Was it here on the LUG where someone quoted Shaw? He is supposed to have
said (paraphrasing loosely) that the rollfilm shooters are like salmon,
in that they spawn in the thousands with the hope that one may survive.

When I remember that quote, I fire off a couple of extra frames, just
to be on the safe side! :-)

Byron.