Subject: Re: [Leica] PAD? RAW?
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:09:55 -0800 (PST)

> As we approach the end of the calendar year I've asked myself if I've made
> my Picture A Day or Roll A Week goal a reality.  Not quite, but getting
> there.  The excersize has kept my skills from eroding too much.  How 'bout
> everyone else?

Well, this has been a very interesting year for me. I've taken more
pictures than I have in my entire life. This was due to a number of
factors: the birth of our son, my re-discovery of photography as a result,
my involvement with Leica M and this list. I owe a debt of thanks to the
people on this list who have made me think hard about what to do with
a camera. In particular I'd like to thank Ted Grant for getting me to
turn the flash off, and Mark Rabiner for his countless ideas about both
cameras and darkroom work.

As far as PAD is concerned, I won't end up with a photo album with a
picture for every day. It simply hasn't been that organized. I have
certainly fired a camera shutter on every day of the year, though.
I estimate very roughly that I've shot about 500 rolls of film (35mm
and 120) in the last year. A lot of that came over a wonderful summer
trip to Greece, England and South Africa. And there are a lot of baby
pictures to choose from, of course.

Byron.