Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAD?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:46:20 -0800

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> I'm not sure I could do this with a 36 shot roll, but it might be a great
> exercise for a 15 shot roll in the Minox or a 12 shot roll in a
> Rolleiflex... :)
>
> Godfrey
><Snip>
> >Perhaps 80 square inches of film feels the most comfortable no matter how it
> >breaks down.
> >Mark Rabiner

Or 	8 shots with 6x9
	10 shots with a 6x7
	16 shots with a 645
and a few others
lots of ways to slice and dice up 80 square inches of film. 1/36th of a roll is
a nice way...but on the small side.
I don't feel comfortable with or think it obvious to pull and a 35mm camera and
fire off one shot and put it away till the next day.
When I pull out my Leica I start firing off shots. One shot? weird! But I
certainly take Jim's word for it that this guy did it and the book was great.
I don't know what kind of conversation it makes.  People talking about the one
shot they did yesterday and the one shot they did the day before and the one
shot they hope they have time for tomorrow. Why not do what comes natural and
shoot some film? Every day? Maybe not.

The strength of the 35mm format is not it it's one frame. It's in is's ability
to cover something ...from all angles, it's roll film... You play by the
percentages and grab the magic moment hidden among all the non magic moments. I
think most 35mm film shot now involve winders or motors. You fire off a burst.
Mark Rabiner