Subject: Re: [Leica] Help me ressurect my grandfathers Leica
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:10:43 -0500

At 10:21 AM 12/29/1999 -0800, Garett Sohl wrote:

>I'm a bit unclear on the correct way to use the
>Geiss Kontakt flash sync...I understand how it
>connects to the camera, but what shutter speeds
>do I use? Any tips on an economical flash unit
>which can be triggered with this device?

The failure of this camera to seat firmly on the 1/1000" speed is common
with LTM bodies and is of no consequence.  The erratic nature of the slow
speeds may quite likely be fixed simply by dry-firing the camera a hundred
times or so.

There were various models of the Geiss Kontakt but, in short, it should
have two pieces, one of which fits into the accessory shoe and the other of
which slips over the speed dial and is secured by a screw.  Set the little
hole over 1/25" or 1/30", and set the camera at that speed.  Rotate the
knob on the Geiss Kontakt to "X", then use any small electronic flash and
use the PC terminal on the piece on the accessory shoe to connect the flash.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!