Subject: Re: [Leica] R24 mm f/2.8 Test By ERWIN PUTS
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 10:02:29 EST

In a message dated 12/25/99 5:48:35 PM, photography@newmail.net writes:

<< At the end of M24 mm f/2.8 asph test, Erwin also mentions about R24 that I
can't understand. He said "Some years ago I tested the R version against the
Nikon 2.8/24 and I found the outcome a draw."

What does it mean? Is R24 quality the same as nikkor? >>

As I recall, some years ago the R 24mm was actually made in Japan, by Minolta
I believe. Is that right or was it just a Minolta design. Or am I totally
daft?

Bob (concerned about all things 24mm) McEowen