Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens choice--sole lens for M6
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:17:52 -0500

Bob,

This thread has been so graciously enriched by the group that my original
posting may have become obscured.  The focusing difficulties noted are with
Leica R8, and that is what prompted my inquiry about the best lens choice to
go with my anticipated purchase of a used M6. ASPH models are beyond my
budgetary comfort level (how's that for circumlocution?).  I do plan to take
hints from Ted and Eric to try to improve my R focus accuracy, but I doubt
that will rid me of my bug to pursue an M6. And yes, I wear heavily
corrected eyeglasses, both for farsighted and astigmatism.  I think my
correction is somewhere between 2 and 3 diopters.

Julian