Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens choice--sole lens for M6
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:14:33 -0500

Gulp!  It's hard for me to picture that, but I have read enough on the list
to respect what you say.  I find I can focus on something with shine or
glimmer to it, but a child's face is more difficult to hit spot on.  I often
vary by a foot or two when I try to repeat focus on the same face from about
12 feet.  I'm going to try at the school again tomorrow and practice on my
wife and puppy dog (not to equate the two) while at home. Now I don't know
if my skill levels are too low or my M6 desires are too high. You've put the
pressure on me now :)

No matter what my decision, I will try to improve my focusing technique.
Ted also indicated to me earlier today that he has done similar focusing
successfully.  But, just between us, wouldn't even  adept professionals find
it much easier and faster to get indoor candids of small children with the
M?

Thanks for your information.

Julian