Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens choice--sole lens for M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:07:38 -0800

sometime around 12/15/99 12:46 PM, Julian Koplen at jkoplen@mindspring.com
was heard  to write:

> Of course, Ted is telling me that maybe I can focus indoors adequately with
> my present Summicron-R lenses.  I have the 50 and the 35 f/2 R lenses. I
> confess that I have not given that a real trial.

Shoot, Julian, I used to use the 35 Summilux R in low light indoors.
Focusing was a challenge when the light was 1.4 at 1/4 second, but in
hand-holdable situations, the Summlux was fine to focus. So the Summicron
shouldn't be too much harder, maybe easier. The R8's viewfinder is much
brighter than my R4s of the time were.

- --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Zen master to hotdog vendor. "Make me one with everything."