Subject: RE: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Equal to Summicron 50!?!
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:42:01 GMT

The new Hexar 50 is as good as the Summicron M 50?!?  I think this should
rock some boats...Especially since the rumor mill had Leica leaving the 50
alone since it could not be improved at a reasonable cost to the
consumer...Now a "nobody" comes out of the blue and puts together a lens of
similar quality for a lower price! Can it be SO?!?

Sounds like they were willing to sit on their butts until someone pushed
them into updating their products.  Unfortunately that is not the behavior
of an industry leader....which Leica claims to be in optics.

I look forward to the increased competition in the RF camera business.
Competition improves the breed!

Dan