Subject: RE: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Equal to Summicron 50!?!
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 02:13:24 GMT

I quite agree...I only wish that Leica would offer THEIR 70's technology at,
well, 70's prices:)  I'm all for getting a pile cash for the special
interest stuff...The 180 summicrons and the APO whatevers.  I would just
like to see the company offer a basic line that was accessible to more
people.

Other "high end" manufacturers have learned that to entice their audience in
the long run they have to offer products that are attainable to folks who
are not super rich...Yet. Even BMW offers some really great cars in the
25-30,000 price range.  Cheap? No, but hardly eye popping.

I am encouraged by the price reductions on camera bodies that have taken
place in the last 3 years.  Lets hope they follow the same path with some
"entry" level lenses.  (Wouldn't a 35, 50 and 90mm package for 1,999.99
would be nice:)

Dan