Subject: [Leica] Re: Nova Processor
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:53:29 -0800

I had a Nova processor for 8X10 color prints. It was convenient and
worked without any problems. I sold it for two reasons; I wanted to
print larger sizes and I discovered Tetenal Mono PK ambient
temperature color (RA-4) chemistry. I do prints up to 20 X 24 at any
room temperature with the Mono PK and a second hand Ciba roller motor
and drums. I occasionally do 11X14 and larger b&w prints in the drums
too when I have only a few to print and don't want to set up the
trays. The only "drawback" to the Nova system is that you must work
in total darkness for a few minutes and hand agitate the prints up
and down with a clothespin-like clamp. Jobo markets the Novas in the
USA. Their catalogue and website has a lot of information about Nova
and other systems. BTW, you can do color prints in trays too in total
darkness.

Regards, Bill Lawlor
- --