Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Akademie seminars in 2000
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 12:12:19 -0800

Pascal wrote:

>Difficult to understand that, at a time when the large majority of sales are
>made outside Germany, all seminars are still in German only.>>>>>>>

Hi Pascal,

But they are doing this the same as they make/market the equipment...they
make it for photographers because "they know what's best for
photographers!"  Not what the photgraphers want or really need!

If they were into understanding marketing (they sure aren't in selling the
equipment) Given their location, they'd have the Akademie seminar lined up
with a travel company and put them to-gether as a "travel-lecture" package.

Heck for the Leica seminar I do each fall, there is generally a wait list
between 30-40 people two or three months before we do it. So it's not a
local thing, it's called marketing!!!

We have attendees from Hong Kong to the UK and all over the US and Canada.
I believe if Solms were really into the Akademie seminar it could be full
at least four times a year.

Not to mention the marketing potential for sales of equipment.

It's too bad they can't see the value in teaching outside Germany as you
say, "Difficult to understand that, at a time when the large majority of
sales are made outside Germany,"

But they haven't learned anything in marketing the equipment, so how could
people expect them to understand the value of marketing the Akademie!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant