Subject: RE: [Leica] a few Leica announcements
From: Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:24:04 -0000

Jeff Moore wrote:

>>>That is of course one of the important questions: will TTAbrahams
indulge us with a black-paint Rapidwinder?  That and, "is there brass
underneath?"

I fear the answers to both of these will be "no"; but that may save my
wallet!<<<

I have recently received a glossy black Rapidwinder from Tom A for my black
painted M2 - it makes a combination which is typically Leica - both utterly
beautiful  and perfectly functional.  To my hands normal M's sometimes feel
a little too small - when using heavier lenses - and though the M5 gives
more to hold onto for larger hands this advantage is mitigated by the fact
that the viewfinder eyepiece is too far from the edge of the (long) body -
meaning that I can't wedge the camera comfortably into the crook of the
side of my nose.  The M plus Rapidwinder combination feels like the perfect
M shape to me - the extra depth gives very useful extra resistance to up
and down camera shake - whilst the short (side to side) body still allows
for excellent access to the lens and body controls.  Couldn't recommend it
more highly ...

Simon,
London.