Subject: Re: [Leica] One thing everyone should do at least once (in London)
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 18:48:01 -0800

What about Portobello Road on a Saturday?  Great flea market for antique
shopping with stalls on the sidewald and in the spaces between the shops.
Easy to reach on the underground.

A suggestion, take a compass with you so you can orient yourself after
emerging from the underground.   It will save you time and energy.

On our last trip to UK, we stayed at Aberfeldy, Scotland for one week and
Cromer, England for another using B&Bs (not the beverage) in between to make
up three weeks.   We found the Fens area very interesting along with Suffolk
and Surrey completely avoiding London.   We followed the hood ornament
staying on the left side of the road most of the time.

If you travel these areas off the main road, I recommend a small car because
the roads are so narrow.  While I enjoy my life in the colonies being a
native, I have really enjoyed my UK travel.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California