Subject: [Leica] Help with Leica CL
From: "Richard V. Le" <rvle@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 00:05:34 +0000

William,

I quote from the manual: NE = negative color film, lightbulb =  artificial
light color reversal film, sun = daylight color reversal film, and the half
white/half black rectangle = black and white film. The chrome button on the
front is the battery check. You have to turn the shutter speed to 125 (I
think--my CL is being repaired by Sherry Krauter, so I can't check first
hand) and then you push the battery check button. The meter should move to
the center of the rectangle in the viewfinder.

B&H sells a little pamphlet that reprints the originals manuals for the CL,
M5, Leicaflex, and Leicaflex SL. It's by Hove Books. Call their used
department and they'll be able to help you out. I highly recommend it.

I think too often people disparage the CL. Personally I think it's a great
little camera. I usually carry it with me every where. Sherry's doing a CLA
on mine and replacing the photo cell. Can't wait to get it back. Sigh, guess
I'll have to settle with using my M6 until then...

Richard Le