Subject: [Leica] testing R8 - film end
From: thomas boehm <toboehm@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:49:40 -0800 (PST)

hello mr. ted grant,

thank you for the "warm welcome" in the world of r8-lovers! (could be,
that i be one myself - i slowly begin to warn my beloved wife about huge
investments which may come in the near future...)

to my "film end problem": this must be really a malfunction - it happens
at some rolls of film, at some other rolls the film will stop correctly -
maybe the winder is too strong? i will contact leica austria.

may i introduce myself shortly: i work as a photojournalist (since about
10 years with nikon F4, and a leica M6 with some lenses since about 3
years); know i feel the time has come to replace the little bit worn out
nikon-equipment; and i'm wondering, if the R8 would be a nice
camera-system for my daily work especially with tele-lenses (my F4 i
mainly use with the 21 and a 80-200 zoom). that's why i'm testing the R8
know.

my first impressions are a bit different - but quite positive; i have to
learn more about the use of this camera.

i watch the LUG (especially also your photographic experiences) since
about 3 years and know, that i'm in best hands for advices about leica.

thank you - i will ask you, if there are more questions...

regards, thomas