Subject: Re: [Leica] Cold camera cold film
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:07:03 -0500

"Mueller, Rob" wrote:

> what was the advice to protecting the M when returning to a warm room?
>
> Rob Mueller

Rob,

With all due respect, is this another one of your experiments in LUG
manipulation such as the one you pulled regarding lens caps? While there
may have been some truth in how argumentative the LUG can be over
something this seemingly trivial, there were also a number of people who
answered in good faith. I thought it unfair to humor yourself at these
people's expense. At heart this is a group that interacts and desires to
share knowledge.

That being said, I would put my camera and lens in plastic prior to
taking inside so that any condensation forms on this outer barrier
rather than on cold camera surfaces. Once camera temp has equilibrated
to room temp then you can remove it.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/