Subject: Re: [Leica] Some new images
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 20:09:06 -0500

Pascal wrote:

> Friends,
>
> It took me a while to dare this, but I have now put up some of our
> glamour work online.
> On topic: all images were done with the R8.
>
> This is meant as a serious effort and we tried to obtain some stylish
> shots.
>
> How well we succeeded is up to you to decide. Constructive remarks are
> welcome!
>
> Please do not visit if you feel uncomfortable with images that contain
> nudity.
>
> Here is the URL: http://cyberdog.fsn.net
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

Pascal,

All in all I like the photos. I like some of the experimental close-ups
in their abstraction. Some of the full-figure nudes I wish were cropped
in a little tighter to eliminate background distractions. If you look at
some of Ralph Gibson's work you'll see what I mean about composing
tighter. I'm  not fond of the yellowish tungsten cast of some of the
available lighting and wish there was more use of northern window light.
The Leica glass shines.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/