Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 75mm f1.4 (and other special lenses)
From: Lucien van Dievoet <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:08:36 +0100

Roland Smith wrote:

> I wish you all would be stronger in your criticism of the 75mm f1.4 so the
> price drops and I can afford one.

That's the Leica-M lens I use the less.
(Once a year, maybe...)
To heavy and big (a SLR lens size)
Stiff focusing ring.
To narrow depth of field.
Stupid frames in the viewfinder (disturbing with the 50mm
and not good with the 75).
IMO, the less convenient lens on a M camera.
Even the 135mm is better in that respect.

Give me a 50mm or a 90mm.

Those are real lenses!

In conclusion: the day Leica will come with a REAL Tele M6,
I mean with only the 75/90/135 frames, I may reconsider.

;-)

Lucien

N.B. No, I will not sell it. I'm waiting for that M6T (or
Konica RF-T).
:-)