Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 75mm f1.4 (and other special lenses)
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:25:19 +0000

B. D. Colen wrote:

snip

>And, frankly, with the advent of the new $750 "Voightlander" 75 2.5, which
>is smaller and lighter than the 75 Summilux, it may make sense to hold the
>Summilux in reserve for the real low light situations, and use the
>Voightlander for "normal" light situations - if the quality's there..

This provokes my asking two more questions:

1. Has anyone tried the Voightlander lens and what are the results like?
This lens has an attractive price tag and may well be the panacea for those
who like bokeh, sharpness without needing so much speed.

2. There is considerable concern about the shallow DOF at f1.4. How does
this shallowness compare with the Noctilux used at f1? I have the Noct and
so will appreciate any user of both lenses giving me an opinion.

TIA

Dan K.

                 Beware of the barrenness of a busy life.