Subject: Re:[Leica] Greece
From: "Eno" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:34:32 -0500

<<I am planning a trip to Greece to further my exploration into Mediteranean
Architecture (The first five years involved Spain and Portugal). After
viewing our President in Greece and the "impact" of his visit, I was
wondering if any of the luggers are greek and have noticed an increasing
violence on persons from the states. I will bypass the Greece mainland and
head directly to the islands. Do we have any first hand knowledge?>>
<<<
Rob Mueller
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com

I've never been to Greece, but I've heard some words of caution relating to
Athens in particular (what else is new).
A friend of mine is Greek (lives few months a year now in Greece, otherwise
US) and has stated with about as much sincerity as I can fathom that the
Island (of course his home) of "Carpathos" (sp?) is 'the only' place you
Must go.  I'm not sure about the popularity of this particular island, but
it's rather unvisited.  Very remote unpopulated small and no tourism
attacks.  Do you know of this island?
As I said he's gotten more than a bit excited over it.  Mediterranean
Architecture is IMHO about as good as it gets.  You could always take a
cheap boatrideover to the Mid East and take a snap at Jerusalem while you
are in the area.
Eno