Subject: [Leica] Discreet
From: "Eno" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 02:32:44 -0500

- --> do I understand you thus chose a chrome Leica M ?
To me, a black one is so much more discreet
and I have VERY seldom done photography below -10 F  .
<<<

The black can have a big scratch which could reflect and get in someone's
eye while they are behind the wheel and cause an accident. The chrome looks
like a new but scratched up piece.
The titanium is safer, like a chrome with a permanent mud coating.  The
black is someone who had a muddy chrome M6 and painted it to keep it neat
except there are still scratches showing because they did a bad job which
could then lead to tape and too bad for that red dot that shoots off that
black.. .
Ahh...  There are those who simply won't stand for subjecting ostriches to
the exhausting chore of running back and forth on the cameras.  *When I was
on a tour at solms I had to use the toilet and accidentally went through the
wrong door (alarm, plus ink on me) and saw a crowd of employees wrestling
with these ostriches, it was horrible.
Since then Leica has never quite been the same for me.
eno