Subject: [Leica] SL viewfinder
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:57:48 -0500

1) Has someone had a prism of SL exchanged for a new one?  How was the
outcome?  How much was the cost?  Did it change the hue more blueish?
2) Who produces new prisms for SL now, Leica or some other manufacturers?
Or are they recycled from ones in abandoned bodies ?
<<<

Mikiro,

1) Mine was replaced during a CLA (by Sherry Krauter) so there was no
additional labor cost.  If I'm recalling correctly the cost of the prism is
about US$250.  I don't remember if it changed the color tint.  The old
prism was in poor shape so it was well worth the cost; it's now brighter
and more vibrant than my other SL's viewfinder, which has no obvious
de-silvering or other problems.

2) As far as I know it's a new part from Leica.

Congratulations on your SL purchase.  An SL2 and an R6.2 as well!  I'd be
interested to read your comparisons of the three bodies.

Doug Herr
Sacramento