Subject: Re: [Leica] Viva la difference..
From: Xski7@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 06:29:14 EST

Along this thread, it seems like I should throw in the obvious.  There is no
necessity that a Leica "support" group come to a consensus on the matter of
Nazi guilt on their progeny.  There are men of conscience and there are those
who do not put significance on history, and there are all those in between.
Nobel prize winners have used Leicas and so have petty murderers. It's just a
tool to some.  I'm sure Lizzy Borden's axe, the Shroud of Turin and many
other artifacts of history are valued by their certain human contact.

Gene

<<
 << So what are we supposed
  to do? Ask anything that is old "were you held or owned by a Nazi?" How
  long do we wait for it to respond? I wonder if that last atom of oxygen you
  inhaled was at one time inhaled by a Nazi. Better stop breathing. >>
 A Leica made for or used by the Nazis has no special significance in itself,
 but it remains a symbol of the history it represents. That symbolism sticks
 to it and nothing can remove it.

 Bob