Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Adjustment
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:18:25 -0800

This is the best explanation yet of this important issue. We all should know how
to do this and have a little screwdriver in our camera bag on anything
resembling a trip or extended shoot.
I saw a repair person do it with a screwdriver with an angled off edge of the
tip but I am going to try bending it as you say. I have been using a non
modified screwdriver and the slot on the screw looks a little worn.
This person had asked "why does this happen" and I can't think of a
philosophical answer to that. Would it be that the Leica Rangefinder is a
remarkable piece of machinery but not perfect? Perhaps a machine can require
some easy adjustment and still be perfect?
Mark Rabiner