Subject: Re: [Leica] Homeless: flowers of the street
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:36:11 -0800

At 03:03 AM 11/24/1999 -0500, Gwpics@aol.com wrote:
>I want, but I certainly have no objection any time, any where,
>buying a coffee for someone who is down and out - it may be me next time.
>If you have ever been in the situation where you have to sell a camera to pay
>the rent you would understand.

This is a good approach. Paying for the privilege of taking a picture only
hurts photographers to come, by creating an expectation for it. And
photojournalists should never pay for making pictures, any more than they
should take money to put someone in their publication.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Always be on the lookout for conspicuousness (or, It's hard to tell if
someone is inconspicuous).