Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: From Contax (chamois ...)
From: Xavier Logean <xavier.logean@epfl.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:01:06 +0100

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 07:06:05 -0800, Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
> wrote:
>
> >At 05:03 AM 11/20/99 -0800, Roy Feldman wrote:
> >>On the Contax SLR list a interesting thread: One person asked the best way
> >>to clean a lens, Bob Shell of Shudderbug answered that he heard at Leica
> >>they use chamois, then Henry Posner of B&H corrected him stating that
> >>Leica used virgin peacock tongue.
> >>Erwin- Marc- can I get a part number?
> >
> >Chamois? A dead one, or a live one? Any of you European LUGnuts go chamois
> >hunting for len-cleaning cloths?
>
> You can do that in Switzerland, but the rules say you can only use a
> .22 and one bullet...

Hi,

I use to hunt Chamois in Switzerland. The rules depend on the state (canton) in
the
country. In the state where I hunt,  in the Valais (where the Matterhorn is),
the minimal diameter for hunting is 7mm and this is true that we can only use
rifle with one bullet capacity.

I use chamois skin to clean my binoculars but prefer
special clothes for my lenses.

regards,

Xavier