Subject: Re: [Leica] Squares and sabotage
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:21:42 -0800

Ken Iisaka wrote:
><Snip> quare format allows me to capture the image first, with an intention to
> frame it exactly in the darkroom.  I found this consistent with the spirit
> of rangefinder cameras.  However, I have often found the square image quite
> pleasing, and have made square prints, as well.  I also like portraits in
> square format, too.

Me too! That's why I want a square "Robot Format" Leica Option for the Holidays!!!!!
You'd never have to turn the thing sideways!
There 'd be no point!!!!
Your flash (should you decide to accept one) would always be on top right over
the lens.
What an Idea!
If they can do it in medium format why can't they do it in 35mm?
54 Frames per roll!
The films have improved and instead of feeling you've got to get a vertical and
horizontal of everything you could just get it in one shot!
I love squares!
Mark Rabiner

The whole amateur camera industry would grind to a Y2K halt if you put doubt in
peoples minds as to what is "portrait" and what is "landscape."
Such talk is pure insidious sabotage. You might as well throw a wrench into the
gears driving our end of the electronics industry!
"You mean "portrait" is not up and down???!!!!"
"Now I'm really confused, I can't work this thing, I want my money back!!!!"
OF course squares eliminate that cornfusion!