Subject: [Leica] Every Man A King!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:37:54 -0500

At 12:01 PM 11/21/1999 -0800, Eric Welch wrote:

>Or Leica itself with the
>Leica in the first place. They did it to provide employment for their
>workers. Shoot, how would stockholders react to such an altruistic move now?

I do not know where you got this idea, Eric.  Read Barnack's notes on the
development of the Leica camera.  Ernst Leitz approved the development,
production, and marketing of the Leica to make money, and for no other
reason.  For a company to sell something "just to make jobs for the
workers" was blatantly unlawful in the '20's (remember the Ford decision!)
and remains unlawful today.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!