Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: lens chamois
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 10:05:30 -0500

OK concerning lens chamois:  I've always been paranoid about using the same
thing twice to clean a lens.  Doesn't the chamois pick up and hold onto any
abrasive particles and finger oil it comes in contact with?  Even if you
keep it packed away someplace clean the oil would eventually smear the lens
wouldn't it?  I know that the Inuit used to keep a single ptarmagan skin in
the igloo to clean their dishes all winter, but this is a lens for crying
out loud!

Mike D