Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motor drive update
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:04:54 -0300

At 07:35 AM 18/11/99 -0800, you wrote:
>At 10:52 AM 11/18/99 -0300, Greg Locke wrote:
>>Pretty useless if it won't take dry cells!
>
>Not at all. The R8 battery pack on the winder lasts well over two months.
>How much do you plan to be away from an electrical socket? Of course, the
>Maritimes are not as well wired as Southern California, but what the heck?

        That's not bad.... depending on how cold the temperatures you work
in and how many rolls you put through in a day.

.... and I REALLY hate having to LUG that wind turbine generator around on
assignments in the bush.  ;^)

Greg Locke                           locke@straylight.ca
St. John's, Newfoundland.            http://www.straylight.ca/locke
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm