Subject: RE: [Leica] Questions on M3
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:33:56 -0800

> - A friend of mine told me to avoid the M3 below 1000000 because the
> 1/1000s
> is not accurate, is that true ?

No.  IMO those models are just as good as the over 1 million models, all
else (i.e. mechanical condition) being equal.  Some people feel that the
ones over one million were a little better put together since the assembly
staff at Leica were very experienced by that time.  I have no idea what
truth there is to this, but Erwin Puts says he has investigated the issue
and found it to be without substance.  That's good enough for me.

I would bet that a well cared for M3 with a serial number under one million
would be a much better purchase than a "more thoroughly used" camera with a
higher serial number.

Paul Chefurka