Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions on M3
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:30:56 +0100

Xavier,

My M3 is in the high 900000s and works just fine at all shutter speeds.
The ones with the serial numbers over 1000000 are collectors' items and
tend to be considerably more expensive. I would recommend looking for
one in the 900000 range. Just curious--what made you choose an M3
instead of an M6HM?

Nathan

Xavier Logean wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am envisaging the purchase of an M3.
> (some of you might remember that a few weeks ago a posted a message
> because I was hesitating between a M3 and a rapidwinder for my M6)
> Finally I made my mind for the M3 but I still have a few questions:
>
> - A friend of mine told me to avoid the M3 below 1000000 because the
> 1/1000s
> is not accurate, is that true ?
>
> - Are the first model with no mathematical progession shutter speed
> still
> a good bargain ?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> XAvier