Subject: Re: [Leica] Beginner questions on M6 TTL and M6HM TTL
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 05:43:39 +0100

Bob,

Yes, I find the higher magnification viewfinder to be an advantage with the 90mm
and 135mm lenses. I have a regular M6 and an M6HM, and also an M3. Without
question, the M3 is easiest to focus with long lenses. But the improvement over
the M6 is not as great as one might think. I have no problem using the long
lenses with the 0.72 M6.

Nathan

Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

> I just purchased a 90mm Summicron ( a used "first compact," i.e. 49mm filter
> size version) which I am using with my M4-P. I haven't shot enough film
> through it to reach any firm conclusions yet but my sense is one needs to be
> pretty darn dilligent about the focus (duh, when do you not with a
> telephoto?). I've wondered if the purchase of a M3 or (gasp!) a HM-M6 might
> not be a good idea down the road. What do y'all think? Do you find the .72
> viewfinder adequate for a 90mm f2.0 -- I guess it is presumed to be since
> that's all Leica has offered since the M4 until the M6HM. But beyond adequate
> do you find the higher mag viewfinders to be an advantage? As much as I like
> the M4 loading (yes, I actually LIKE it), I'm thinking an M3 is probably more
> likely seeing as how I'm a tightwad bottom feeder sort of guy . . .

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator