Subject: Re: [Leica] 2 New leica cameras
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:38:29 +1300

A couple of things i noticed about the images of the new cameras that
Wolfgang posted. Did anyone else notice the Leica scripting on the
top plate of the C1? And if i'm not mistaken, one of those cameras
offers autofocus as a feature. I'll be darned ;-)

All the best,
Gary

At 1:17 PM -0800 13/11/99, Wolfgang wrote:
>Hallo lugs,
>
>talking about new stuff for Leica
>the two new cameras are in germany on sale: C1 for DM 849,- (vario-elmar
>4,0-10,5/ 38-105) UGLY !
>Leica digilux zoom, DM 1398.- 3xzoom,  only 1.500.00 pixel. For this price
>you can get already a 2.300.000 from Fuji. I think, those two cameras wound
>not help like at all.
>
>Look at both:
>http://home.t-online.de/home/wolfgang.Oehms/such.jpg
>http://home.t-online.de/home/wolfgang.Oehms/digi.jpg
>
>Regards
>Wolfgang

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University