Subject: Re: [Leica] 2 New leica cameras
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:05:09 EST

<<

talking about new stuff for Leica

the two new cameras are in germany on sale: C1 for DM 849,- (vario-elmar

4,0-10,5/ 38-105) UGLY !>>

Wolfgang,

I can't agree with you there.

The C1 is actually quite nice in my opinion. In fact, it seems to have taken
the form of the never produced "Leica H" P&S camera that exists only in
prototype. You can see it in Lager's Vol 1.

It seem to me to be a nice combination of classic style and modern gizmos.

It should do nicely at the $429 price point they have advertised as well.
This is a little cheaper than the Contax T2, which in my mind is a good place
to be. I predict that this camera will be a "winner" and most likely far
outsell the Minilux in the short and long run.

My worry is that we actually SEE them here in the US. I hope to get some
before the holidays so Joe and Jane Leica can give them as gifts!

Now this I'm not so sure of. ;->

later,
Rich