Subject: Re: [Leica] ultra wide
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <michiel.fokkema@gironet.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 20:31:01 +0100

> I am in the process of doing a job that will pay for my ultra wide lust.  I
> would like to get a 14 or 15mm non fisheye.  Now my choices in the under
> $1,000 dept are:
>
> -getting the voightlander (sp?), with the finder and buying a screw to m
> adapter. (to hang on my M42)
> -getting a sigma 14mm f2.8 asph for my Nikon or Canon systems. The faster
> one they just introduced.

Hello,

Actually the leading cameramagazine in Holland tested three 14
mm/1:2.8 and tested the heliar  a few months ago. They tested the
Canon EF USM($3500), sigma EX hsm($1400) and the tamron SP
IF($1500).
Conclusion is that the heliar is better concerning light-fall off, less
distortion, same sharpness. Only disadvantage is the lower speed.
But the three others have to be stopped down also at least two
stops to get reasonable results.