Subject: Re: [Leica] Russian 85/2
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:52:20 +0100

Hai Mark,

I have two of them.
The first one I bought, I bought because I knew that the design in
principle is very good because it is of Zeiss origin. However
Russian quality control is not very strict and this first one slipped
through and was very prone to flare.
Because they cost only about $50,- I tried a second one and this
ones is very good. At full aperture it is of course not as good as an
summicron but stopped down I'm quite satisfied with it. Especially
for portraits it gives a very fine image.
If you go for the best quality/price ratio  this is the best buy you
can do. You only stand the chance of buying one or two before you
get a good one.

Best regards,

					Michiel Fokkema